What WE Do In Our Centre
The Child/Youth Advocacy Centre (CYAC) model is internationally recognized as a best practice for responding to the needs of child/youth victims of abuse.
The Windsor Essex Child/Youth Advocacy Centre is a proud member of both the CYAC Canadian Network and the CYAC Ontario Network.
Our Model in Development
The Windsor Essex Child/Youth Advocacy Centre is a coordinated-community approach to investigation, intervention, and treatment, in child/youth abuse cases.
Our Centre’s services and referral services include:
- Investigations and forensic interviews;
- Advocacy, support, and follow-up;
- Specialized medical evaluation and treatment;
- Specialized trauma-focused mental health services;
- Case review and monitoring;
- Enhanced training for staff;
- Community education and prevention; and
- Research and outcome.